Saturday, February 25, 2012

Berry and Cucumber Smoothie

Doesn't this smoothie look good?


After reading Jamie's post on smoothies, I was intrigued to try Joy the Baker's strawberry cucumber smoothie. I had to tweak it slightly as I had a frozen berry mix rather than just frozen strawberries.


In the blender, blend:

- 1 cup of almond milk (regular milk would probably work fine too)
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen berries
- half an English (or hothouse) cucumber, seeded and chopped into chunks
- a spoonful of honey

You can probably also use a regular cucumber if you peel that waxy peel off first.  You'll still want to remove the seeds and chop it.

I was a bit nervous trying a smoothie with a vegetable in it but I found this smoothie tasty, pretty refreshing, and very berry-licious.  My 12 year-old daughter was less impressed and swore she couldn't help but taste all that cucumber.  Sigh, this mom still says, it's a keeper!

1 comment: