Thursday, July 5, 2012

Chamomile Iced Tea aka Sweet Honey Iced Tea

Anybody else trying to lighten up on soda and caffeine? I scanned the cupboards and came across a fairly full box of chamomile tea from my detox at the beginning of the year. It's an herbal tea with a really mild pleasant flavor so I decided to try making iced tea from it.


I followed the conventional iced tea wisdom of brewing a strong batch, so I steeped 8 bags with a quart of hot water:


Then I sweetened with some honey for flavor:


And some agave nectar for sweetness:


Then I let it cool in the fridge for a couple of hours and then poured over ice:


It's a really pleasant cool drink--very inoffensive but won't necessarily knock your socks off. Because of the mild flavor of the chamomile tea, the sweet honey is the dominant flavor. So I gave it the alternate name of Sweet Honey Tea. Or maybe next time I should steep some extra bags of chamomile tea. With plenty of hot summer left here in South Carolina, I'm sure I'll be doing some more experimenting...

1 comment:

  1. It was quite tasty, but how 'bout some with real tea?

    ReplyDelete