Saturday, January 5, 2013

Buffalo Tofu

Sometimes I crave the flavor of a certain food, though not necessarily all that goes with it.  Like sometimes when I'm watching football, I really crave the spiciness of Buffalo wings, but not necessarily the wings.  So I made some Buffalo Tofu.  I cut a pound of some pressed firm tofu into sticks and panfried them to give them a little "bite".


Then I heated up half a cup of Frank's Hot Sauce, a tablespoon of margarine, and 1/4 tsp of garlic powder just until it was warm and blended.  Them I tossed the tofu sticks:


Whipped up a simple vegan ranch sauce with 1/4 cup vegan mayo, 1 tsp of dried parsley, 1/4 tsp of garlic powder, 1/4 tsp of onion powder, and about 1 TBSP of rice milk to thin it into a sauce (add more if necessary).


Hits the spicy spot!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should make the korean tofu that ethan likes. it's vegan! the one with sesame oil and green onions and chili powder.

    ReplyDelete