Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's day

For a Mother's Day dinner out (that wasn't on Mother's Day), Paul and Velina took me to Burger Tavern 77. They've eaten here before and they really loved it.  And since they featured veggie burgers and cocktails, I was certainly game to try the place.

They featured beer cocktails, so I tried their Bear-varian (Glenfiddich Scotch, Barenjager honey liqueur, and lemon juice topped with Shock Top Wheat Beer):


It was a cocktail that I realized a little too late would have really benefited from a bit more stirring--either that or the honey liqueur really sinks to the bottom.

I had the Long Beach which featured their vegan black bean and corn patty, avocado, and balsamic vinaigrette.  The patty itself was tasty alternative to the usual Boca or Morningstar patties I get at the grocery store--unfortunately, they were a bit stingy with the avocado and vinaigrette--I only enjoyed the full combo for a few bites.  Their Jo Jo fries are excellent--thin and crispy.


Paul enjoyed the Devine Chicken Burger:


And Velina enjoyed the brisket burger with cheese:


Plus she enjoyed their SOB cheese sticks that feature tri-color tortillas breading:


Overall, the atmosphere has a very mellow tavern vibe, good burgers, and friendly staff--it's a good burger place that's perfect for happy hour. I'm sure Velina and Paul will enjoy coming here again when I'm away!

1 comment: